I know this is going to sound really lame, but I just can't concentrate on Twilight. I've already made bazillion comments using sticky notes, and I gave up using those because I didn't have enough room. So I bought a note pad. It's working quite well, because I can write all I want, but the problem is I can't stop finding reasons to hate the book, so I never stop ripping into it. It's become a lot more work that I thought it would be. And since I'm on vacation right now, it's not like I'm bored enough to sit down and read it... So, to spice things up a bit, I'm going to start video blogging about it instead of writing everything down as I read it. Talking is way easier.
So my main problem with Twilight is Bella. She is so depressing. I mean, her life is just so hard. No one understands her. And I'm only on page 41, so I'm sure it's going to keep getting worse. She "exiles" herself to Forks (It's called Forks because of all the forks in the nearby rivers, by the way. I looked it up...) because she doesn't feel like making her mom and stepdad miserable. Instead, she's making herself miserable. Poor thing. She's just the epitome of selfless. She calls herself noble in the preface, which you would think would make her a bit conceited, but of course she's not. Bella gives a million reasons for why she hates herself. But by some miracle, everyone absolutely adores her when she shows up at school. Except Edward Cullen, who glares at her. Grr. He may or may not hate her, and she just dwells on it. Reading this is beyond annoying. And it makes absolutely no sense at all. Everyone thinks shes amazing and beautiful and wonderful, etc., except for him. (Stephenie Meyer calls Edward "him" and the Cullens "them". I think she even used italics for dramatic effect once or twice.) I think Bella must be a colorful blend of things like pancake batter, bacon, and money, because it makes zero sense that everyone loves her so much. Except Edward. Which I'm only mentioning twice, but Stephenie feels the need to write about it five hundred times. I mean, she uses the most blatant foreshadowing I have ever seen in my life. "It couldn't have anything to do with me." (Wait 3 pages) "I just couldn't believe that this was about me." (Wait 3 sentences) "It was impossible that this stranger could take such a sudden, intense dislike to me." (False. But wait 2 more pages) "I hoped that he would simply ignore me when he came, and prove my suspicions false." "He didn't come..." (Another page or so) "I couldn't get rid of the nagging suspicion that I was the reason he wasn't there." (Blah blah blah) "It was ridiculous and egotistical" --true-- "to think that I could affect someone that strongly. It was impossible. And yet I couldn't stop worrying that it was true." I mean honestly. This book is so terrible! This guy is literally nothing to her. At all. They've never spoken to each other. He just looked at her like she forgot deodorant that day. No big deal to any normal person, but to Bella it's like the end of the world. She doesn't care that she has all these new friends. She only cares about Edward Cullen. It makes no sense at all. Page 38: "I tried not to think about him..." --liar-- "...but I couldn't totally suppress the worry that I was responsible for his absence." If I hadn't already read these books I would be totally unsurprised if she stabbed herself with a spork at the end.
So that's why I hate Twilight. And that's why I've only made it to page 41. And that's why I'm going to start making videos instead of writing everything down. I'll be posting them all on my wizards vs. vampires blog, which I really really really would like you all to follow, please please please! Just click this and check it out. I've got some extra gadgets on there like a poll and some links and whatnot. It needs followers. I just feel stupid right now posting things that no one will ever see! So please check it out and watch my videos, my goal is to get one posted by the time I get home on Saturday. So keep an eye out for it. And if you love Twilight, I'm really really sorry about this. But someone has to do it. Or not. But I really want to. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment