I filmed my video on chapter one of Twilight but I can't edit it yet... So if anyone read my last blog and clicked the link expecting to see a video of my rant, I'm sorry. It actually took me a long time to film it because I was scared of talking into the camera and I kept switching to a British accent. Which is stupid, but I was just really nervous and I like talking to people way more than a camera. They don't make for particularly interesting conversation... So until I can edit the video and post it, I'm just going to put Twilight on hold and begin writing the Harry Potter half of my book. Which is heartbreaking, really...
I'm not going to say I bit off more than I can chew, because I don't think this assignment is exactly about finishing a project. At least I hope it's not. Because if it is I'll have a mental breakdown. (Anyone who knows me knows that this is very true.) Not to mention, I would have to say "I bit off more than I can chew." Which I hate saying. However, I do believe that it's about progressing as much as you possibly can. Obviously, because without progress there's no point in documenting it along the way. Even though I've finished nearly all of my research (I say "nearly" because I know I'll do more along the way), it'd be beyond wishful thinking to say I'm going to finish Wizards vs. Vampires by the time summer is over. I won't even come close. It is a bit sad because I was really hoping this would all just come to me and I'd sit down and sneeze out a book with a glossy cover and a boring little autobiography on the back. I'll still have plenty to write about in my final blog so I'm sure it doesn't matter too much, but I'm worried that once school starts I'll lose my drive to write. Especially with all the homework and ACT prep. I'm going to try to keep going with it throughout the school year, because I really want to get it bound at Kinko's. I've always wanted to get something bound at Kinko's. And I'd like to say that I've written a book. I mean, even if it sucks I'll be able to say "I wrote a book. Have you written a book? Oh..." (Awkward pause) "...well, I did, too."
Right now I'm writing all that I can. And even when I'm not writing I try to sketch out what the rest of the book will be like. I know all the points I want to cover and every time I get a new idea I jot it down. It's not a great system, because now I have a gazillion pieces of paper and sticky notes and index cards to deal with, but that's okay, I'm used to it. I'm just glad I'm not going to forget anything. I'm going to be focusing on the characters, lessons, and plots in Harry Potter for now because those will be harder to write about. It's easy to write about all the myths and legends and magical creatures JKR used or created because that's what I focused on while researching. I want to save the easiest chapters for last, because I know I'll be working on them during the school year and I don't want to deal with the stress of it all. When I'm writing about JKR's characters and morals and everything else, it's more difficult because I'm trying to prove my point while writing from an entirely objective point of view. I don't want my book to be "Why Erica Melkonian loves Harry Potter" (But everyone will eventually find out, whether they read the book or not, seeing as I'm blogging about it). I want it to be "This is why YOU should love Harry Potter". Which you should, by the way. But if you don't, that's okay, too. You'll change your mind.
-Erica Melkonian
PS: I have 2 followers. One of them is me. Please help me out and follow :) Wizards vs. Vampires
PPS: All of my blogs have been ridiculously long... Like 700+ words. I'm sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment