I love Harry Potter, but it's not exactly easy to think of a HP-related project. For example, I can't learn how to fly around on a broomstick or anything because it's kind of impossible. If I tried anything like that I think it would be a little weird. So I mulled things over for a bit and decided that since I like to write, I can write a book on Harry Potter and what makes it so fantastic. (Honestly, I know it sounds like a boring project. But I've already done some research and it's actually pretty cool. For me. Probably no one else, but that's alright.) Then I thought, "I really hate Twilight. A lot. Maybe I should write about how terrible it is..." I didn't want to choose between the two, and since so many people try to compare Twilight to Harry Potter, I thought I would settle the debate once and for all! Or not. But at least everyone--or at least those who read it--will know my opinion on the matter. Which is very important to everyone, I'm sure. Because I'm always right. Just kidding :) Maybe.
I really don't know why I'm doing this specific project. It's going to be difficult writing both parts, but I guess I just don't like making decisions when I don't have to. I hope no one who loves Twilight is going to hate me for this, either. Please don't. Besides, the whole "HP fans vs. Twihards" debate is actually pretty amusing-- if anyone cares to look it up I strongly recommend they do so when they have ample time. Which means enough to mentally mock every person that uses the wrong form of their/there/they're. (It happened quite often. Most frustrating.) Oh, and some of the people say funny things like, "The term Twitard is offensive to retarded people." I'm serious. Someone said that. I was just thinking Isn't the term 'retarded' offensive, too? But that's just me. There are countless websites devoted bashing Twilight or Harry Potter. People have too much time on their hands. Including me, since I sat there for almost an hour reading the posts. I was researching though, I have an excuse. It is so strange... I don't even know why people compare the two sagas? I mean I kind of understand, but I don't. Nevermind, that doesn't make sense. What I'm trying to say is the only thing they have in common is genre and mega-million-grossing movie counterparts... And I want to make it clear that I'm not comparing them to each other. I'm just explaining why Harry Potter is good, and why Twilight is not-so-good. Simple. Hopefully.
Anyways, I've officially started my research for a two-part book entitled Wizards vs. Vampires. Maybe that will change. Part one will most likely be "Unveiling the Genius Behind the Wizarding World of Harry Potter", or maybe a shorter title that doesn't take four breaths to say... And the second part will be "Twilight: Why it Sucks".
I'm reading all of the HP and Twilight books and taking notes along the way. I'm researching all of the myths and history, reading critiques, watching the movies, and I'm not sure what else. Well, here I go!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Wizards vs. Vampires
Labels:
Harry Potter,
Twilight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment